How do I get Over a Broken Heart?
When we love a person, we trust him; but when that trust is broken its painful. A broken heart brings lots of sorrow, anger, depression and questions, it is even possible that our friends and family may also no longer hold any joy. Without him, everything seems missing. Our life looks meaningless in a second, our desire to live gets lost. Our heart wants that person back at any cost and wants to settle everything, which is almost impossible. Lots of questions arrive in our mind about our future, about us – for whom should we live now? Who will care now? How will we love now? and much more…. [ Read: 15 Broken Heart Quotes and Sayings ]
- Accept the truth – first and foremost, accept the heartbreak. Accept the past, that the person you loved has left you, and try to overcome it.
- Cry – crying make us feel light and it is actually a good part of healing.
- Don’t overthink – it’s true that after a heartbreak our mind asks a lot of questions. There have been a lot of questions unanswered but thinking about them again and again will only hurt you. [ Read: 15 Healing a Broken Heart Quotes and Sayings ]
- Live in the present- don’t worry about what the future has in store for you or what the past has done to you. Everything happens for a reason and you can’t change what already has happened.
- Spend time with close people – Talk to your friends and family, give them your time. Have a talk with them about your heartbreak and go for movies and trips with them. Create new memories with them.
- Stop listening to sad songs – come on, be brave and stop listening those depressing songs. Be a party person. [ Read: 7 Ways To Heal A Broken Heart ]
- Remove everything related to that person- remove every memory that is related to your ex. Letters, photographs all should be moved out. Just start afresh.
- Don’t get depressed- don’t feel broken and depressed. If something bad has happened, then there may be something good waiting for you.
- Unsubscribe the person from all social networking sites and delete his number- nowadays we all are on Facebook. Unfriend your ex from every social networking site you use. Delete his number and messages. [ Read: What am I Supposed to do with a Broken Heart? ]
- Try to ignore that person – it’s hard but you should try to ignore the person if he comes in front of you. You should make him realise that you have gotten over him. Be confident in front of him and show that you have moved on.
- Sleep well – if you don’t sleep enough, you will feel depressed and irritated.
- Avoid negativity- just because one person has hurt you, doesn’t mean that entire world is going to. Be positive with the people and opportunities that come your way.[ Read: ONCE THERE WAS A BOND…BROKEN BY LOVE ]
- Exercise and eat well – Get proper rest, nutrition and exercise. Physical activity acts as a natural antidepressant. Be healthy.
- Give yourself time – give time to your hobbies, go and chill out on a weekend. Do whatever you are interested in or pick up something new. [ Read: 5 Reasons Why Promises Are Not Meant To Be Broken ]
- Once you’re ready, start dating another person – after some time we move on and are ready to date another person. Don’t be afraid of love, give your heart to the person who deserves it.